- Home to Africa’s ‘Big Five’ – elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard
- Over 450 bird species
- Wide range of accommodation from rustic rest camps to upmarket private safari lodges
- Scenically diverse
- Good road network throughout – no need for 4X4
April to September for game viewing and October to March for bird watching.
Basic chalet and tented accommodation in the rest camps through to a range of medium to high priced safari lodges in the Kruger conservancies.
Either by road from other SA destinations or via a scheduled air service from Johannesburg to Nelspruit, Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa. A charter air company services the private lodges, which is in itself an iconic part of the safari experience.
Aside from wildlife viewing from the comfort of a vehicle, night drives and guided bush walks are on offer to provide for a complete bushveld experience.
Photographic opportunities are many throughout the Park. Strategically placed viewing hides and look out points are located throughout the park.
In the Park itself at one of the rest camps or outside Kruger within a range of medium to luxury priced safari lodge options.
- A Safari in SABI SANDS private game reserve, our choice for the best game viewing area in South Africa
- Classic Cape to Kruger Safari
A popular option is to combine a safari in Sabi Sands with a stay in Cape Town and surrounds, followed by Victoria Falls, and you have all the iconic locations in one safari!