- One of the last remaining true wilderness areas in the world
- A unique mix of ‘dry’ and ‘wet’ environmental experiences depending on location within the Okavango swamp system
- Africa of old with the ‘Big Five’ mammals all well represented and much more
- Over 300 species of birds and several highly localized mammals
- Luxury safari style tented camp options of a high standard
- Incredible photographic opportunities
Cool winter months from May to August for game viewing.
Warm to hot summer months from October to March for bird watching BUDGET.
High: mostly small high end luxury lodges in keeping with Botswana’s low impact high return conservation policy.
Regular flights out of Johannesburg and more recently Namibia making an extended ‘ desert & swamp’ a safari possibility.
- Game viewing is unsurpassed free of tourist pressures within pristine habitats.
- Birding by boat and dugout canoe (mokoro) in the quiet back waters.
- Overland 4X4 guided excursions in search of wildlife.
- Tree spotting within the Delta and star gazing at night.
- Photographic opportunities in every direction.
Numerous lodge options exist within the Delta from ‘wet’ to ‘dry’ depending on specified interest and budget. A combination of three night stays taking in two or more very different lodges in different parts of the Delta is recommended.