- An exceptional variety of mammal and bird viewing experiences within the spectrum of varied habitat types
- Victoria Falls – ‘the smoke that thunders’ – as one of the worlds’ most spectacular natural wonders.
- Hwange and Mana Pools National Parks where elephant and buffalo herds wander in enormous abundance – reminiscent of the Africa of old …
- Sunset cruises, hippos and crocodiles and Zambezi tranquillity to end the day.
- Guided walks in search of the ‘Big Five’ in pristine environments
- Experiencing the sounds of primordial Africa around the fire under star-studded skies
- Delightfully friendly local people
May to September for game viewing in the cooler, drier months.
November to March for birding following the start of the rains.
Medium to expensive hotels and luxury tented camp within a selection of overnight safari alternatives.
Commercial flights out of Johannesburg and Cape Town to Victoria Falls direct. Access from Namibia from Windhoek to Katima Mulilo by air and on to Victoria Falls by road for those seeking a combined Namibia/Zimbabwe/Botswana safari experience.
Wildlife viewing on foot or from the comfort of open 4×4 vehicles with night drives a special feature. Sunset cruises on the Zambezi and star gazing at night or simple relaxing at a waterhole to enjoy the wildlife at leisure. Photographic opportunity in its various forms from wildlife to spectacular sunsets.
Lodge options vary from traditional to luxury tented camps set deep in the African bush or overlooking the Zambezi to provide for an authentic African bushveld experience. Combinations and other options can be tailored to suit stated requirements.
Victoria Falls is such an iconic and sought after destination that it makes a logical overnight inclusion in any Southern African safari itinerary taking in the far north. Read more about Victoria Falls here …
Classic Safari : starting with Vic Falls and continuing on to Hwange National Park in the heart of this savanna reserve and / or Mana Pools on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River
The Chobe area in northern Botswana is easily accessed from Victoria Falls and a few days on the Chobe River make for a great addition to a safari in this area. Read more about Chobe here.